The Painter's Sign The Painter's Sign

mad skills

this must've taken forever! i used to make stop motion "movies" with my action figures and my video camera and I would always lose motivation after about 2 hours.

this is very dark, which i feel adds urgency to the game's premise. i like the use of the real life actor too. it worked really well!

Flecko's Halloween Flecko's Halloween

wow

you have some serious skills. This is one of the best fight scenes i've seen on newgrounds, and you incorporated lots of humor that was actually funny into your 'toon. Your characters were also really expressive. Also, your sound design was pretty darn good too. you have all the elements that I think deserve a 5 and 10. booyow.

For My Valentine For My Valentine

there aren't enough flashes like this...

I really enjoyed this. What can I say? I'm a sucker for valentine's day!

Whiteboard Tower Defense Whiteboard Tower Defense

Fiiiiiiix iiiiiiitttt!!!!!!!!!!

The Last Stand 2 The Last Stand 2

Very fun and passes the time except...

It needs a pause function. Games where you can't pause are difficult for me because, though my job is great in that there is lots of down time, I have to be able to drop whatever i'm doing as is necessary to do my job. If i could just pause the game for 2 minutes, then i wouldn't have to start from scratch.

The game itself is great though.

WindowsParody IIlegal-08 WindowsParody IIlegal-08

cool

hey man,
good humor about the how frustrating it can be to use windows. From estonia? I met Veljo Tormis and sang some music under his direction. he is truly a choral genius. your country has the best choral music.

Thanks for using my song at the end of your game! Very cool!

Flashmovieboy responds:

Thank you! Yes i live in estonia, glad if you like anybody from out here.

Pat!M // Can You Tell (Instr.) Pat!M // Can You Tell (Instr.)

cool

you need vocals? I can sing this for you if you like.

Alone (Original) Alone (Original)

Cool beans

Heard this on your myspace. I have to say that your production is improving by leaps and bounds! Did you change up your methods? I may be asking for your advice in the future. I'm glad to hear you doing something that has a little more kick than a lot of your other stuff.

The guitar leads during the verse (starting at 1:50) harken back to Queen ala Innuendo. Props to your guitar guy.

I'd like to hear you roll off some of the bass and turn up the mids on your vocals in the chorus (they get buried under that wall of instruments which is a shame). You going to pay to get this stuff mastered for your album? Keep 'em coming man.

AlexSandford responds:

Wow, you're a sharp listener! Yeah, I did some tweaks on the song for the album, one of them was bringing out the chorus vocals more.

As for the methods, yes. One of which is using a full band, better mics, and I know a lot more about music then I did back then. Particularly when it comes to arrangement.

My guitar guy must be the best guitarist in the Inland Empire. He's amazing. Sean Johnson.

The masterers within my price range really wouldn't make much a difference. I mean the amplitude is fine, and the EQ is fairly balanced. I'm happy the way it is.

I absolutely love getting detailed reviews like this. Thanks so much!

Mad World Cover Mad World Cover

mad-chops

you've got some mad-talent man, and a great voice that emotes really well. A little a pitchy here and there though (your double track harmony at 2:28).

The pitchyness happens a little more after you change key. An interesting addition arrangement-wise, but as far as execution I don't think it really works because that particular key doesn't seem to work as well for your voice.

I'm a fan man. Keep 'em coming!